Wednesday, April 22, 2009

APD Cites Volunteer for Contempt of Cop

On February 6, 2009 I was cited by the APD for "Vehicle Trespassing", which happens to be a criminal misdemeanor. Why was I cited? Because I committed two serious offenses in the eyes of law enforcement: (1) I disagreed with a cop's judgement and (2) used profanity. Thus I had committed the unofficial but serious offense of "Contempt of Cop". The trespassing charge was dismissed on February 20th. It seems the DA refused to prosecute the case because no violation had taken place; the citing officer, "errored". Although in an official statement to the Albuquerque Journal, published February 26th, APD stated the reason for dropping the charge was "confusion of posted signs". Confusion!!! I was parked 50 feet in FRONT of the sign shown in the newspaper. The real kicker, this happened while I was doing volunteer work on City of Albuquerque Open Space property. This incident made the front page of the Albuquerque Journal on Feb 16, 2009. Link: ((http://www.abqjournal.com/cgi-bin/decision.pl?attempted=www.abqjournal.com/news/state/16117414449newsstate02-16-09.htm) .

There is also a video available of the incident (does not require a password): http://abqjournal.magnify.net/video/Man-Volunteers-Over-300-Hours



No comments:

Post a Comment